Re: [aroid-l] Hope Thursday went Ok

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Hope Thursday went Ok
  • From: LMassey628@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 08:03:02 EST

In a message dated 12/16/02 1:05:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ncarz@charter.net writes:

> Linda, I have been reading this thread with amazement. I
> may have missed something but WHO exactly is fining you
> here? The city government? Have you been told exactly who
> your accuser is? (if not it must be a local coommunity
> assosiation or something) a local community regime? What
> is the wording of the law that has been.
> What exactly is their proof that this is even your plant?
> This all seems to be so incredible and absolutly
> unacceptable.

I live in a condo of single family homes, we own the home and we own the
land, the condo part is just the common elements like the pool and tennis
courts.  It is the board of directors who are harassing me.  In fact they
went so far as to encourage and solicit other residents to send in written
complaints against my garden, when they have never received a complaint about
it before.  I considered this to be libel and harassment.  They never
contacted me beforehand !   I was never told that anyone had a problem until
one of my neighbors told me about the letter they had received.  Once again,
my neighbors all around me are on my side of this dispute.
The rule they are citing says that gardens must be "maintained".  I am
maintaining my yard beautifully.  In fact a week after this problem started I
had an article about my garden in five of the county's newspapers.  The
reporter and photographer seemed to think my garden was maintained just fine.

> How do we contact these people? An email campaign might be
> in order.

I would be more than happy to print out and deliver any messages of support
you send.

> Lawyers (too expensive) and finding a new place to live
> don't seem to be feasible answers.
> Neil

If I had the money I would move put that is not possible now.

Thanks for your interest and support.