Re: [aroid-l] obsolete typhonium

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] obsolete typhonium
  • From: "Petra Schmidt" petra@plantdelights.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:44:56 -0500

Dearest Wilbert,
Our plant has been verified as T. blumei by Suzanne Renner and a specimen is
mounted at MO from plants taken here at PDN...originating from Jim
Waddick...and it is a hardy aroid here in Zone 7b.  We sell it in our
catalog as T. divaricatum (T. blumei).
As far as obsolete names, we'll all stayed tuned (the Flora of China folks
haven't had their say yet).  If there is one thing for certain, it is that
nothing is for certain...
Petra