Re: [aroid-l] colorful leaves or spathe of some other inflorescence?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] colorful leaves or spathe of some other inflorescence?
  • From: James W Moore jmoore2@carolina.rr.com
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:45:02 -0500

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:01:26 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Lester Kallus <lkallus@earthlink.net> wrote:

I received two Calla Naomi Campbell last year from a friend. We got them at
a closeout sale in late May or June, The leaves look exactly like those in
the photo whose link you provided.   I can not comment on the flower all
the rain we had last year caused the plant to grow quite large.   I was so
busy with my Alocasia I did not notice the flower if indeed it flowered at
all.. If you like I can send Ada the link she'll verify the leaves are the
same? She can also let you know where we got the Calla from if you are
BTW we got the bulbs for something like a dollar or less.
  >    The Park Seed catalog is offering a black Calla lily.  I looked at the photo and am more interested in the leaves placed around the flowers than in the flowers themselves.
  >    http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10066&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemId=7215&FromTextSearch=calla
  >    These can't be the leaves from this Calla - so what are they?
  >             Les

The Wheel turns and Ages come and go, what was, what will be and what is may yet fall under the shadow