[aroid-l] Philo verrucosum hybrid?

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Philo verrucosum hybrid?
  • From: Brian Williams pugturd@alltel.net
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:34:25 -0500

I have a philo that seems to be around in a few collections. Its goes by the name Philo verrucosum hybrid which it does look like a verrucosum with out the hair on the stems. Does anyone know if this is a actual hybrid? If so who made this cross? If is is a cross what is the other parent it is easily one of the nicest and easiest to grow velvet leaf aroids I have. At the moment I have 2 to 3 ft leaves on one that are about 1 1/2 ft wide. It looks to be about to bloom will take pictures of the flower maybe this could help ID then thing and get a proper name to it. THANKS