[aroid-l] New website.

  • Subject: [aroid-l] New website.
  • From: Brian Williams pugturd@alltel.net
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:49:24 -0500

I have for the last few years been going crazy with my digital camera. I have taken photos of just about every aroid I have come in contact with. These photos which add up to over 8,000 are now being put on to my new web site. I am manly looking to have something much like the Tropica book for the Internet completely free and informative. The web site is not yet finished nor will it probably ever been completely done.
My plans are to have a web site which list every genus every species and every form. I don't ask to much.
I have not been working on this alone. Harry Whitmore has really put the web site together and has done a extremely excellent job of helping me work on this. It would most likely not exist with out his help.

Also I must say Chanrit and Enid offered to allow me to use a few photos of odd plants they had pictures of. I have not yet put credit on the photos but will do so soon as I can figure it out LOL.

I am updating this site almost daily and will keep doing so till the weather warms up. If anyone might have some odd photos to add to the site I may be interested in them credit will be given. I am manly looking for extremely nice photos or photos of species I don't have pics of. As always feel free to send me plants that need to be pictured :>)

I would like to ask for some expert help on some IDs for this site. I would like for it to be a very reliable reference for people to use. So if people see plants wrongly IDed please let me know which family group and exact pic which should have a ID number under it. Then let me know what it should be labeled.

Well here is the site enjoy