Re: [aroid-l] New website.

Brian,

For the Zingiberaceae page at least I have IDs for everything but one or
two, but I assume you have some already ID'ed just not listed yet?? or
does a number mean you definitely need an ID?  There are a few mixed
genera (ie alpinia in the hedychium folder, costus in the zingiber).
let me know if you need 'em.  Cool site, congrats! If anyone is
interested I've just started a few new forums (non-aroid though)
including a couple ginger forums and hardy tropicals, zingiberales etc.
at http://www.gingerwoodnursery.com/forums/  just started, so no real
traffic yet.

Tim Chapman

> I have for the last few years been going crazy with my digital camera. I
> have taken photos of just about every aroid I have come in contact with.
> These photos which add up to over 8,000 are now being put on to my new
> web site. I am manly looking to have something much like the Tropica
> book for the Internet completely free and informative. The web site is
> not yet finished nor will it probably ever been completely done.
>   My plans are to have a web site which list every genus every species
> and every form. I don't ask to much.
> I have not been working on this alone. Harry Whitmore has really put the
> web site together and has done a extremely excellent job of helping me
> work on this. It would most likely not exist with out his help.
>
> Also I must say Chanrit and Enid offered to allow me to use a few photos
> of odd plants they had pictures of. I have not yet put credit on the
> photos but will do so soon as I can figure it out LOL.
>
> I am updating this site almost daily and will keep doing so till the
> weather warms up. If anyone might have some odd photos to add to the
> site I may be interested in them credit will be given. I am manly
> looking for extremely nice photos or photos of species I don't have pics
> of. As always feel free to send me plants that need to be pictured :>)
>
>  I would like to ask for some expert help on some IDs for this site. I
> would like for it to be a very reliable reference for people to use. So
> if people see plants wrongly IDed  please let me know which family group
> and exact pic which should have a ID number under it. Then let me know
> what it should be labeled.
>
> Well here is the site enjoy
> http://www.cloudjungle.dns2go.com/dotnetnuke/briansbotanicals/

Timothy Chapman