[aroid-l] INTERNATIONAL AROID SYMPOSIUM, BORNEO, 2004 - SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT

  • Subject: [aroid-l] INTERNATIONAL AROID SYMPOSIUM, BORNEO, 2004 - SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT
  • From: "Peter Boyce" peterboyce@myjaring.net
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:36:36 +0700

Dear Fellow Aroiders

I appears that quite a few folks never saw my posting regarding plans for an
INTERNATIONAL AROID SYMPOSIUM, in November 2004 here in Kuching, Malaysia,
when I posted in on aroid-l a few weeks back. Therefore I am reposting it
now.

Please note that if you have ALREADY RESPONDED to me and expressed interest
you DO NOT need to respond again. You will receive the first official
circular in early January. If you hav not seen this mailing before, and are
interested, please read on.

Peter Boyce

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I am seriously investigating the possibility of organizing an INTERNATIONAL
AROID SYMPOSIUM, in November 2004 here in Kuching. The rough outline is for
the symposium to be spread over one week (Sunday evening - Friday inclusive)
with 3 1/2 days of presentations & poster sessions and one day spent in the
field at a nearby National Park.

 This is an initial emailing to gauge interest in such a Symposium. If you
think that there is a chance that you will attend, and you wish to receive
the first circular, please email me at the following address:

peterboyce@myjaring.net

In the email, please indicate:

1. Your mailing/postal address in order that I can mail you the first
circular.

2. Your most often used email address (if different to that which you use to
email me this information)

3. Willingness to make an oral presentation or present a poster on:

    a. Scientific, or
    b. Horticultural, or
    c. Travelogue, or
    d. Other subject.

4. Whether you will need an official invitation from the organizers.

Very many thanks

Peter

--------------------
Peter Boyce
Senior Botanist
Malesiana Tropicals
Suite 9-04, Tun Jugah Tower
No. 18, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman
93100 Kuching
Sarawak, Malaysia

(6 082) 419 290 (office)
(6 082) 423-494 (Fax)
(6 082) 699 160 (nursery)
012 890 3509 (handphone/mobile/cellphone)
peterboyce@myjaring.net
www.malesiana.tropicals.com.my