[Aroid-l] amorphophallus pollen collection & storage

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] amorphophallus pollen collection & storage
  • From: "michael mahan" <agavestar@covad.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:32:46 -0800

What would the best way to prepare/process  pollen for storage? & what is the best way to collect that same pollen ? I have a nova species from Madagascar,Mahajanga that is blooming with the flower beginning to unfurl ,it’s about 6 foot tall  . I also have three more tubers of the same species that are just now pushing new growth .i want to save some pollen so that if the other tubers are pushing up a flower I can try my hand at pollination . I would also be willing to share some pollen .I could use some pollen if anyone were to have a flower &/OR pollen ,more than willing to share any seed that might come of this endeavor .I’ve read the pages on collection on this site but the links don’t work that have the exact way to do it …Mike Mahan

Aroid-l mailing list