[Aroid-l] All Hail the all mighty Julius!!

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] All Hail the all mighty Julius!!
  • From: Brian Williams pugturd@alltel.net
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:54:45 -0500

I was thinking this might be Julius Caesar for a second LOL. I also have been drawn to this odd group of aroids over the years. I believe this is why Julius was possible the first Aroider I had talked to. He probably remembers me calling ever few weeks asking some odd questions as his number was on speed dial. Me and Enid talk regularly over the Internet about growing these and producing hybrids of them. It took me 3 years and possible over 1000 phone calls to track down a Cyrtosperma Johnstonii back in the day. After seeing one at the Atlanta Botanical gardens. These plants are not for everyone though once they find a area they like they do great and reward you with foliage stems thorns and flowers like no other plant on the planet. Just to be curious I wonder how much a CO2 injector would help with your set up Enid? It has amazing effect on aquarium plants. I recently crossed Johnstonii onto Cuspidispathum. I figure it would be a interesting cross as they are both beautiful plants. If only merkusii would throw up a few flower spikes we might get some giant crosses.