[Aroid-l] Re: An Opinion on CO2 Injection

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Re: An Opinion on CO2 Injection
  • From: "Ken Mosher" ken@spatulacity.com
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:45:57 -0500

I love getting emails from people who can actually think critically. I wish I had information to give you, but all I can say is that I applaud your experiments.  I wonder if burning the candle was a good way to increase co2? The byproduct of burning candle wax would be co2, water and a bunch of other stuff like sulphur compounds, etc. I wonder if any of those other chemicals released into your enclosed environment were detrimental to your plants...
If my Dad weren't retired from Pfizer I'd ask him to bring home chunks of dry ice for me, surely the best way to introduce pure co2 into a small volume - of course I couldn't do the calculations to determine just how much I'd be adding!
-Ken Mosher