[Aroid-l] My findings about coir

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] My findings about coir
  • From: "Ágoston János" agoston.janos@citromail.hu
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:03:27 +0100

Dear All,
Coir (or cocopeat at us) is commercially available about 5 years now in Hungary, but nobody has been doing any researches about suitability for bulbs, garden use or anything.
My biggest finding is: it will loose from its texture if its well watered and frozen, becouse of the 8% volume increment of the water (when it turns into ice).
So I may not let it moist if I want to preserve the structure. The other thing is mice love to live in it if it's dry, because it's warm, and hydrofobe.

Ágoston János
Corvinus University of Budapest,
 Faculty of Horticultural Science,
Department of Floriculture and Dendrology
Specialized in Ornamental Flowerbulbs

Bem str. 11.
H-4150, Hungary

E-mail: agoston.janos@citromail.hu
Web: http://viraghagymasz.davidnet.hu

This electronic mail can contain confidental informations. The disclosure, the duplication, forwarding this message, or storing this e-mail (including the HTML source, styles, scripts), the text above, and/or any of the attachments on any kind of data carrier is forbidden without the written permission of the sender (Ágoston János). If you are not the intended recipient of this message please do not use the content, and please notify the sender by returning the message and destroy all copies. The sender is not liable for any arising losses or damages in this message, originating from technical problems, natural disasters, or caused by software failure. This message is copyrighted! All rights reserved! © Ágoston János

Aroid-l mailing list