Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia 'Californica'

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia 'Californica'
  • From: "Steve Ritchey" sritchey@shreve.net
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:19:48 -0600

Hi Marek,
I'm surprised this question has come up from so far away since I thought it was just a local problem. A. gageana is a popular nursery plant sold as Colocasia "California" in Texas. Perhaps someone that realized it wasn't a Colocasia adapted and started calling it Alocasia "California"? I can't find anydifference between the Colocasia (Alocasia) "California" sold in Texas and the species A. gageana sold in Florida. This is a little on the nutty side. Do you know what I mean?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Abri1973 (wp.pl)" <abri1973@wp.pl>