[Aroid-l] Amorph dormancy

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorph dormancy
  • From: James jamesms_55@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:21:25 -0800 (PST)

For those of you who have taken amorphs through a
winter, I have a situation that to me, seems like it
shouldn't be happening.  I have several A.
paeonifolius, konjac and bulbifer outdoors, under
shade and after a number of nights down to the mid 20s
and many more down to 30s with frost on the ground
outside of the shade tunnel, they look like they're
doing fine.  I expected them to go dormant by now but
apparently they have other ideas.  Any thoughts as to
what I should do for them?  I have cut back on
watereven though the growth has not yellowed yet.
They are growing under 50% shade, in a 20x50x12'high
hoop house with no ends and they are at the extreme
north end at the opening.  I'd really hate to lose the
big 10+ lb konjac and 4-5lb paeonifolius to rot due to
cold.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Do You Yahoo!?
Aroid-l mailing list