[Aroid-l] Re: potting mixes con't

Well as one of the newbie novices with only 8 small plants, I've found this thread both informational and confusing, I'm sure I must have deleted some posts by mistake as I don't recall seeing alot of discussion on different mixes.

Heck learning that the Amorph. tubers someone sent me from holland would grow in winter instead of summer like my "rivierii" was an eye opener...so they all went into 3" pots as they were rather small, and all came up and aphids infested everylast one, and I've been dealing with them slowly but surely.

For soil mix I use an organic composted soil from Coast of Maine, with additional bark, perlite, and eggshell thrown in. Just because thats what I'd presume the native soil structure of where their from to be close to.

Fertilizer is another story, I've settled on Dynagro 7-9-5 finally as it seems to be the best at half strength e very other week to once monthly. With 300 houseplants 1/2 of them orchids and the other half a mish mash of sansevierias, begonias and whatever bizarrity I can get my hand on...I've learned the hard way for my personal growing situation....

Clay Pots
Organic soil - amended
low fertilizer
let plants dry between waterings
other than true tropicals temps are at 45-50*

th'x all for all the information

and if anyone out there has experience with Chasmanthe post me please their growing now what the hell do I do...lol

kyle fletcher-baker
maine zone 5