RE: [Aroid-l] Let's talk commercial mixes, eh?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Let's talk commercial mixes, eh?
  • From: "michael mahan" agavestar@covad.net
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 22:05:58 -0800

Ya’ll are forgetting about capillary action perlite 100% has no transfer mechanizing capability add just 5% coir to the mix  & that pot  will dry quite fast ,even faster with more drain holes like the pots used by nurseries that use  pure coir/perlite mixes, even faster than that when used in a CLAY pot  (advantage to this mix for a nursery,no added bacterial action to sour the mix ,slow break down ,able to control ,ph,fertilizer) & fast growup ,then a sale & out da door  . pure hard rock gravel will hold water if the sizes of pieces are such that no capillary action takes place   Mike