Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus oicuture and location question

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus oicuture and location question
  • From: LARIANN GARNER <AROIDIAN@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 18:50:25 -0500

Bernhard,

That picture's location is the rare plant house at Fairchild Tropical Garden, and that plant is one of their specimens of Amorphophallus titanum. I've been in that place enough times to recognize it without a doubt.

Best regards,
LariAnn Garner
Aroidia Research
http://aroidiaresearch.org

StroWi@t-online.de wrote:
Aroiders,

someone posted the following link in a German exotic plants forum:

http://people.freenet.de/neffez01/wasistdas.jpg

The comment was that ist shows a paeoniifolius, but to my humble opinion
it looks too tall for a paeoniifolius and the leaf looks rather strange
for a paeoniifolius.

Any comments?

And would someone know the location where the picture was taken?

Good growing,
Bernhard.