Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus cuture and location reply

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus cuture and location reply
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 11:46:38 +0000

From : 	LARIANN GARNER <AROIDIAN@worldnet.att.net>
Sent : 	Saturday, December 9, 2006 11:50 PM
To : 	Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus cuture and location question

Dear Bernhard,

Greetings!
Good eyes, Lariann, that is certainly one of Fairchild`s A. titanums in their green-house!!. The 'error' might have occured a few years ago, when just before a Sept. IAS show and sale, I helped Ron Weeks, Reggie and others transport a HUGE specimen of A. paeoniifolius from this same area to the main display salon, together w/ one of their A. titanums, so a simple mix-up of these visitors photos might have resulted in this error in ID.

Good Growing,

Julius

Bernhard,

That picture's location is the rare plant house at Fairchild Tropical Garden, and that plant is one of their specimens of Amorphophallus titanum. I've been in that place enough times to recognize it without a doubt.

Best regards,
LariAnn Garner
Aroidia Research
http://aroidiaresearch.org

StroWi@t-online.de wrote:
	 	Aroiders,

someone posted the following link in a German exotic plants forum:

http://people.freenet.de/neffez01/wasistdas.jpg

The comment was that ist shows a paeoniifolius, but to my humble opinion
it looks too tall for a paeoniifolius and the leaf looks rather strange
for a paeoniifolius.

Any comments?

And would someone know the location where the picture was taken?

Good growing,
Bernhard.

Reply | Reply All | Forward Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox

  Get the latest updates from MSN
MSN Home | My MSN | Hotmail | Search | Shopping | Money | People & Chat
	Feedback  |  Help
© 2006 Microsoft TERMS OF USE Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement GetNetWise Anti-Spam Policy