Re: [Aroid-l] Tropical Kentucky Landscape

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Tropical Kentucky Landscape
  • From: Tom Vincze <philofan@philodendron.org>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:37:11 -0800

Wow, Brian, that's amazing! You definitely have the lush tropical look achieved. Thanks for sharing those with us.

I am curious, is that tall alocasia "coffee cups" or "big dipper" which appears in your second and fifth photos?

Tom Vincze

Thought I would share some photos of this years landscape. Hard to see many aroids with all the cannas and bananas. Each year I dig up tons of tropicals and take them inside our greenhouses, some forms I can mulch up for winter. Each year the nursery looks better and my landscape areas get larger. I use a lot of new hybrids of cannas, alocasia and colocasia that I have been breeding in the landscape. It is not only used for display but also for my breeding and propagating each year.

This link should take you to the photos.

Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list