[Aroid-l] 'New' commercial aroids in pots

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] 'New' commercial aroids in pots
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:01:32 +0000

Dear Friends,

In my job I recently came across two new-to-me vining aroids grown and sold by commercial growers in S. W. Florida, and bought in quantity in hanging pots/baskets by a large hotel in the area. One has a dark, broadly cordate purplish-green leaf w/ cream spots, but what is most remarkable to me is the texture of the leaves, thick and almost rugose, which reminds me of something akin to Philo. rugosm! I`d like to grow it to adult size! The other has cordate leaves w/an attenuate point(long extended point or tip), the remarkable thing is a broadish lime-green stripe down the center of each regular-green leaf and down to the end of the long 'point' at each leaf`s end.
Anyone (Denis, Ron, Scott??) have any idea on what genera these belong to??

Good Growing.

Julius