Re: [Aroid-l] 52 new species discovered in Borneo

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] 52 new species discovered in Borneo
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:33:42 -0600 (CST)

I love the Marantaceae, or - since I love far too many plant families - it
stays consistently in my Top 20, so I followed this link to the WWF site and
looked around. I even downloaded the 23M PDF brochure - orchids, nepenthes,
Rafflesia, yes, but no Marantaceae.

But I did finally stumble on a name - is Schumannianthus monophyllus the one?

If so, I eventually backtracked into a Word document which had a very small
picture within it. Does anyone have a direct pointer to a larger or better

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, piaba wrote:

> http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/12/061219-borneo-species.html
> i don't see mention of aroids, but there is an amazing Marantaceae... the
> photo is in the report that is available on the WWF webpage (follow the
> links).
> on the other hand, they mention 16 new gingers.

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com
Aroid-l mailing list