[Aroid-l] anubias

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] anubias
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@alltel.net>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 10:59:03 -0500

 I have done well to grow Anubias in aquariums as well as in heated shallow water trays in the greenhouse and also under a misting system. They can adjust to the situation and if moved to a different area it can destroy all the leaves. For instance taking it out of the mist area and putting it in a drier air area the leaves shriveled up fairly fast. I have a few species around 2 feet tall and gilletii is around 3 feet tall. Some interesting plants in this group seldom sold as anything besides a aquarium plant. I would think they would be excellent terrarium plants. I have never seen them used in a pond situation even in indoor ponds not really sure why.