[Aroid-l] 'New' potted aroid--ID solved.

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] 'New' potted aroid--ID solved.
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:50:04 +0000

Dear Friends,

I have the answer, and the soloution was always right beneath my nose---in searching Deni Bowns WONDERFUL book where I THOUGHT I had seen photos of Xantho. violacium in bloom (I was wrong), I came across a photo of that other "new aroid in cultivation', the "Pothos 'splash' I have been asking for an ID on, and I am now 99.99% certain that it is in fact Scindapsis pictus from Borneo and Java. Deni illustrates it on plate 63, upper photo!!!!!!!!! It is a perfect match for the sample I brought home. Dennis, has this been in commercial production before now, as Deni says that it is sold as 'Argyraeus var. argyraus or even Epipremnum pictum 'Argyraeum', and that the more robust form is often sold as S. siamense, Deni even mentions the thicker leaves.

The Best,

Aroid-l mailing list