Re: Pycnospatha arietina - a problem

  • Subject: Re: Pycnospatha arietina - a problem
  • From: Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:35:47 -0500

Hi Marek and Susan,

They smell bad only depending on the pathogen that caused the rot. I'd
like to see a better photo taken more from the side. And please blow or
brush off all the soil that you can. But even with a good photo there's
no substitute for a hands-on inspection. You really need to use your
best judgment about the tuber's weight for its size, the firmness and
whether or not it looks dried-up (dry rot is common).

Unfortunately it was a mistake to scratch through the skin. I've found
them to be extremely picky about even minor damage. You said that you
stored it at room temperature, but it was in soil, right?

-Ken Mosher

Susan B wrote:
> Hi Marek,
> Oh, you will definitely know if it is rotten.  Pycnospatha collapse
> very quickly and smell horrible.  Your tuber still looks good to me.
> Susan
Aroid-L mailing list