Re: Pycnospatha arietina - a problem

  • Subject: Re: Pycnospatha arietina - a problem
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:30:44 +0000

From: abri1973@wp.pl
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:32:51 +0100
Subject: [Aroid-l] Pycnospatha arietina - a problem

Dear Marek,

This is Christmas time.  Like all of us children, be patient!
Your tuber/corm looks perfectly normal, and probably is in dormancy.   This is a really tropical species, and so may need a lot of warmth to break dormancy.

Good Growing,

>>Hi all,
Last year I bought one tuber, it produced a leaf and fell into dormancy as it should (I cultivated it at home).
This year it hasn't put any leaf or roots. Yesterday I dug it from the pot and I still don't know if it is alive or not.
I scratched it a little - it was cream beige inside and seemed solid.
I broke the tip where the leaf should grow from and it was wet.
How to check if it is not rotten? What to do with the tuber?
I stored it during dormancy also in the room temperature.
Here are 2 photos, I can do better images if neccesary (macro closeups).
Please help me
Marek Argent
Aroid-L mailing list