Pycnospatha arietina - a problem

  • Subject: Pycnospatha arietina - a problem
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:32:51 +0100

Hi all,

Last year I bought one tuber, it produced a leaf and fell into dormancy as it should (I cultivated it at home).

This year it hasn't put any leaf or roots. Yesterday I dug it from the pot and I still don't know if it is alive or not.
I scratched it a little - it was cream beige inside and seemed solid.
I broke the tip where the leaf should grow from and it was wet.
How to check if it is not rotten? What to do with the tuber?
I stored it during dormancy also in the room temperature.
Here are 2 photos, I can do better images if neccesary (macro closeups).

Please help me
Marek Argent