Re: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

  • Subject: Re: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays
  • From: Conrad Fleming <conradfleming@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 17:49:15 -0800 (PST)

Dear Leland,

Yes, another year has gone by.  I still cling to my hope that eventually, I may connect with someone, whether in Hawaii, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand or wherever, who may have a good collection of habitat-collected forms of Aglaonema.  I do believe that there is one or more persons out there with lots of habitat Ags but I must say that that hope, after a year of fruitless trying, is definitely fading.  I guess habitat forms of Aglaonema have just quite quickly disappeared from cultivation and it will be impossible to get them propagated and disseminated in cultivation.  We'll see.

I was reminded of Hawaii when I visited The Huntington in Pasadena, California a few weeks ago to exchange plants and was able to obtain a vigorous seedling of  Hibiscus breckenridgei, one of your endemics.  If you ever think there is a chance that I can visit you for a few days in this coming year, please let me know.

Meanwhile, all the blessing of the Christmas Season and New Year, to you and yours.

Conrad