Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

  • Subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 15:01:37 -0600

Since Dr Croat now has a new research assistant in Ecuador I'm sure the new year will bring new species!
Beth, If you come across any info on my bullate leaved Philodendron supposed collected near
Limón, Ecuador I'd love to know more.  I've begun to describe it according to the rules laid out by Dr. Croat in hopes he will be able to observe and collect it in the wild at some point in the future.  But as you know, without the proper field notes the plant cannot be scientifically described.  Perhaps you can help to fill in the gaps, especially if it is purely an epiphyte, the maximum size of the blades and the appearance of the inflorescence.  The stem on my specimen is quite thick so I suspect the specimen I have is a field collected specimen and not one that was cultivated.  For some reason the guys at Ecuagenera are suddenly very hesitant to provide any new info!!

Good luck in your searches for new species!  I'd love to be able to be there to help.

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Año Nuevo from Ecuador! May the new year bring new species!

Get the Free email that has everyone talking at http://www.mail2world.com
Unlimited Email Storage – POP3 – Calendar – SMS – Translator – Much More!