Re: Alocasia Black Polly

  • Subject: Re: Alocasia Black Polly
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 21:37:43 +0100

Hello Alison,

It may be a difference only in lighting conditions.
Many Alocasia plants when they are cultivated under strong light,
the underside of the leaves becomes purple or brown and the leaves look darker.
'Polly' has one of the darkest leaves from cultivated Alocasia plants,
just like A. reginula known in trade as A. 'Black Velvet'

Best,
Marek Argent