Re: Alocasia Black Polly

  • Subject: Re: Alocasia Black Polly
  • From: starsell@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:45:06 EST

Hi Marek,
The ones I have cultivated for some time now are the
same as the first link below and as described in my post.
The one in the nursery being sold as 'Black Polly' looks
completely different - like a dark lauterbachii.
First time I am seeing that.  I'll go by and try to get a
I guess what I am saying here is that we had accepted 'Polly'
(or 'Black Polly' as mine was labeled) and now we have yet
another very different plant called 'Black Polly'.
AFAIK none of those names are registered.  I referred to them
as "a trade name".