Plant ID request on IAS Facebook

  • Subject: Plant ID request on IAS Facebook
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:55:16 -0600

There is a request on the IAS FACEBOOK page for the ID of a plant the owner believes may be a Dracontium .

I am unfamiliar with plants in this genus and would appreciate if any of our members that may be able to help would log on and give some advice to the grower:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Miami-FL/International-Aroid-Society/291094100787

I realize there is some resistance to using FACEBOOK but this page can be an excellent membership outreach for the society as a whole.  I swore to both of my adult daughters I would never be on any social networking website but I'm there!

The society offering assistance to non-members via FACEBOOK was introduced as an excellent option at the September board meeting in Miami by Brian Williams.  Since quite a few members have asked privately for more services to be made available by the society it would serve all of us well to do what we can to increase the membership.

Our "fan" count is almost 140 as of tonight and has been steadily climbing.  If you don't wish to participate that is certainly understandable but please do encourage others to do what they can to promote the International Aroid Society.  Your society can only be as good as you are willing to make it!

Please offer this FAN your help.

Thanks!

Steve
www.ExoticRainforest.com