IDs for 2 Dieffenbachia cvs.

  • Subject: IDs for 2 Dieffenbachia cvs.
  • From: "John Criswick" <criswick@spiceisle.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 17:09:15 -0400

I bought the Dieffenbachia in picture # 5310 in Jatujak Market, Bangkok.  This specimen is growing in a 6 inch pot and that is a medium-sized dog.

The second Dieffenbachia, pictures 5366 and 5381, was given to me about 14 years ago by Ura Snidvongs in Bangkok.  Might it be a variegated D. daguense? In the second picture of it you can see the size it attains. The petioles upper left are those of mature Philodendron selloum.

To my knowledge neither of these has been tissue-cultured and commercially exploited.  Does anyone know anything about them?