Re: depolluting plants

Geneviève,

The usual lore is that Spathipyllum remove 7 (or is it 9?  Can't remember right now) harmful pollutants from the air in an office environment and are apparently the best plant to grow for cleaning up the air in your office.  How that is measured I do not know, but I would imagine that there should BE a study or studies about somewhere.  It would be interesting to see what other plants have been found to have the same effects, both indoors and also outdoors in polluted areas.  I know there are a lot of plants that are suited to helping salinity issues in farmlands, but these are generally salt tolerant plants that lower the water table, thereby dropping the salinity in the surface soil that "we" use.  As you say though, it seems that aroids are the ones usually mentioned for indoor cleansing of the air.

I'll also be interested to see what others have to say.