Re: depolluting plants

  • Subject: Re: depolluting plants
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 01:04:42 +0100

They tested only the most popular houseplants, so it makes me suppose that
there are a lot of depolluting plants among aroids, especially these with
broad leaves, living in humid, shady places. I read somewhere that plants
such ecosystems emit beneficial negative ionisation what reduces stress and
relaxes, oppositely to thorned xerophytes from dry biomes which ionisate
positively. We often feel much better in forests, especially after rains,
and we get stressed in deserts.