Tuber Storage

I have a question on Tuber Storage...  I like to store mine for the winter
where I can keep an eye on them for potential rot..  I do this by reserving
a bench and putting the tubers in a tray.  This way, I can see each tuber
and monitor for fungus.. My question...  Does storing tubers in this manner
- out of pot - inhibit the production of inflorescences?  It does not seem
to inhibit the production of nice foliage the following year.  Does anyone
have any experience in this area?  Comments appreciated.
Dewey

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
THE PHILODENDRON PHREAQUE
Davie, Florida 33328