Re: Grocery Store Aroids

On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Lester Kallus wrote:

> Perhaps its time for one of our web pages to have a table with common
> grocery store name in one column and scientific name in the next column.

After acquiring something called 'malanga' aka X.saggitifolia (but after
it grew, the coloring and general appearance seem to be somwhere
X.violaceum and X.saggitifolia), I did some web searches and here's the
list of relevant entries:

http://www.ars-grin.gov/~ngrlsb/dictionary/tico/
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/proceedings1990/v1-424.html#Edible Aroids
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/Indices/index_ab