Re: Sauromatum venosum seeds

Hi All!

The Sauromatum Venosum seeds I got just started germinating!  I sowed them
in moistened promix, just pressed into the surface,  in a clear plastic
salad container from my local grocery store salad bar.  I cleaned the flesh
from berries first.  I was getting concerned,  because most of the seeds
grew a coating of fungus fuzz.  It turns out the skin coating on the
surface of the seed was rotting,  but the seed itself is unaffected.  I
pricked one out to investigate it more closely,  discovered the rotting
skin,  and a healthy radicle protruding from the seed!  A little closer
inspection revealed that instead of the high mortality I feared,  I am
getting very high germination!  Now I just need to figure out where I am
going to plant 40 sauromatums! <grin>

P.O. Box 871394                             /  \        /\   /   \
Wasilla, Alaska, 99687                   /     \     /  \/       \
USDA Zone 3 & 4                         /v^v^v^v\_/v^v^v^v^v^v\
jaime@matnet.com                     /           /                 \
http://www.matnet.com/jaime/    /            /                    \