Re: Alocasia recommendations

I would recommend the first two, A. 'Black Velvet' and A. imperialis, since
they both seem to fit your criteria of compact, smaller plants.  I would also
recommend contacting Tropiflora, a predominantly bromeliad establishment in
Sarasota Florida run by Dennis and Linda Cathcart, if you are not already in
touch with them.  Their latest Cargo Report offers all but one of the plants
you listed, with nice descriptions of them as well, and tells what size pots
the specific plants will be coming out of.  I have found them to be dependable
regarding shipping as well, even through the winter.  Their order line is
1-800-613-7520, and their internet address is http:/
Good Growing.
- Jonathan Ertelt