Philo. in the cold

Does anyone know,

I have a Philodendron gigantium growing outside in zone 9.  This past
week or so we have had a couple of 32 F. nights.  It hasn't shown a
speck of damage so far and I'm wondering at what point I can expect it
to start dying.  We are headed for more nights of 32 F. or below.  Is
there anyone who can tell me what I can expect from this plant?  I keep
waiting for it to turn brown or whatever they might do when it gets too
cold, but it's putting out another leaf instead.  We have had anywhere
from 35 to 38 deg. nights for a couple of weeks now until it finally hit
the 32 mark one night last week.  It only stays at this temp. overnight
then warms up to 39-40 degs. daytime.  There was frost everywhere this
morning and I suspect there will be more in the morning and possibly a
few more mornings since it's still winter with no sight of spring yet.

Also, is it true that if there is frost on the plants, you can spray
them with water before the frost melts and save the leaves?  I hope this
isn't an 'out of the realm of Aroids' question, but Aroids are involved.

Thank you,
Sue Zunino