Hey guys, let's keep this one straight: Acoroideae is/WAS a SUBfamilie
of Araceae. However, Matyas is right because most aroidologists these
days consider Acorus NOT a member of the Araceae (see Mayo, Bogner &
Boyce, Genera of..., p. 32). The most recent surveys of DNA seem to
support the removal of Acorus well. I don't know if we have to be happy
with this, but there it is!