Re: Be patient

> So then just a reminder--be patient, and don't give up and throw it out
> until you are sure it is dead (the same advice Wilbert gave in Aroideana
> 19, p.24).

My motto is, if you find anything resembling a tuber/corm/whatever, save
it, unless of course it is mush.

While unpotting tubers this past weekend I noted a number of phalloids
just waking up after only two months or dormancy. So back on the benches
these plants went. My concern at this point is that our "cool" zone 10b
weather may force some of these to go dormant again with little or no
tuber left. Our weather here, until the past several days has been
exceptionally warm, 78F or higher and in low 70s at night, and this may
have stimulated some of this activity. But it is finally cooling off the
last day or so dropping into the 50s at night.

One week ago one A. titanum decided to wake up after being dormant for 10
weeks. Not wanting to disturb the tuber I repotted it and the entire mass
of medium around it into a 30 gallon container. Dreams of an
inflorescence persist!

The Urospathas are now beginning to flower again. The cooler weather
seems to stimulate inflorescence production in this genus. Will be out
there with the paint brush this weekend hoping to stimulate some
reproductive activity.

Don