Re: Colocasia esculenta

Hi to all,
While in Hawaii, we always take in the native food and in their dish with
fish it is always wrapped and steamed in taro leaves, very tender and
delicious, taste like spinach and the fish imparts a real rich taste to it
all.  I want More!!  From Hawaii of course!!
<So there you have it Julius and I do like good food, too.
I wonder how these stolen-producing plants were useful as ANY food, since
they rarely produce ant type of a sizable tuber?  Maybe the young leaves??>

Mele Kalikemaka  (sp) (Hawaiian for Merry Christmas)