Re: native North American aroids

Thank you Julius.  Yes, Deni Bown's book didn't seem too specific as to
where Pistia came from or when.  And obviously it is NOT a 'minor' escape here
in Florida, but a very major one.  My brother, Roger Hammer, is a naturalist
Dade County in south Fla, and he is constantly working on eradicating escapes
that area.  He says Sansevierias are one of the worst since they successfully
even the strongest chemicals used on them. As you know, better than I, Pistia
seem to resist by sheer numbers of plants and ability to spread on a massive
scale quickly.
Merry Christmas,