Re: native North American aroids

-----Original Message-----

>Howdy.  I didn't list Pistia stratioides because I thought it was
naturalized
here, brought from Africa and India.  The list would also be endless of
minor
Aroid escapes in south Florida.
Russ<

Howdy Russ!,
I listed it as it is pantropical, and I`m not sure exactly when it came to
the New world, as I have read several debates about it being a native to S.
America as well as to Africa and Asia!   No big deal, as I have a paper 'in
my head' on man`s influence in the spread of Aroids, and the genera involved
are Caladium, Xanthosoma and Dracontium, too long to go into here!
Hope that things go well for you.
Cheers,
Julius.