Re: OT: Cochiostemma odoratissimum

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000 Piabinha@aol.com wrote:

> does anyone know of a source for this plant (Commelinaceae)?
>
> tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA

I was looking for this plant a year or two back myself. I never did get
one, and would still like to find one.

A friend who shall remain nameless (thanks again!) very generously helped
me obtain specimens of C. velutina and C. jacobiana, though. C. velutina
in particular is also very nice, and has flowered every few months even in
my way-less-than-ideal conditions. (The flowers are fragrant, very similar
aroma to C. odoratissimum, same electric blue color.)

I like many plants besides aroids, as do most of us, but the Commelinaceae
seems to have a number (Siderasis fuscata, Tradescantia navicularis for a
couple - there are others) that appeal to me just on oddball appearance.

If you find a source, please let me know.

Steve

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@arachne.uark.edu