Re: Chromosome numbers

-----Original Message-----
From: Claire Piette <claire.Piette@rug.ac.be>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Thursday, February 10, 2000 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: Chromosome numbers

Hello Friends,
The book we keep talking about on this list, 'The Genera of Araceae' lists
the chromosome numbers for almost all the genera of Aroids!!   GREAT
Write to --
for details and prices!!

>harder wrote:
> Dear fellows,
> I am looking for some kind of list that shows aroid plants
> chromosome numbers. Any help will be appreciated
> Thank you
> Beny F.Harder

I found some articles with chromosome numbers of aroids.
* Marchant, C.J. (1972). Chromosome variation in Araceae:V. Kew
Bulletin, 28(2), 199-210.
* Sheffer, R.D. & Croat, T.B. (1983). Chromosome numbers in the genus
Anthurium (Araceae) II. American Journal of Botany, 70(6), 858-871.
* Yao, J.-L., Rowland, R.E. & Cohen, D. (1994). Karyotype studies in the
genus Zantedeschia (Araceae). South African Journal of Botany, 60(1),

I hope this helps you.

Claire Piette<