Parents tolerant of Hobbies

Dear Zach:

I usually just read this email discussion group.  However, due to
your age, I have to share a bit of information with you.  Next
time you get to a large library, look up books by Elvin
McDonald.  He started the American Begonia society when he was
only 13.  Just think about the plant knowledge you'll already
have by that age!

Aroid society members:  Does the society ever do honorary or
scholarship memberships?  Why don't you consider making this
young lad a member until he is old enough to pay his own dues?
Diana Pederson, Ingham County, Michigan, Zone 5, United States
Landscape designer and Garden Writer
Receive information about my upcoming book: