Re: Fw: buying amorphophallus

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Fw: buying amorphophallus
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 11:38:00 -0600 (CST)

-----Original Message-----
From: R2OT@aol.com <R2OT@aol.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Sunday, February 04, 2001 10:48 AM

Dear Zack,
This fantastic!   I felt sure that the length of your warmer 'growing season' up North would not allow the species such as A. titanum and even the commoner A. paeon. the length of warm weather/time and light that they are said to need for good tuber formation, but if you have been growing them for a number of g seasons, GREAT!   I was going to suggest A 'konjac', as I know that this species does very well further North.
Welcome to the club, Zack, and the best of luck!
>>julius boos-                                                  actualy i am
currently growing a small corm of amorphophallus titanum a 54 pound tuber of
a.paeoniifolius and a 20 pound tuber of a.konjak.the solitary leaves grow to
an amazing height so i keep them outside most of the time.