Re: Non-aroid query: Ruellia amoena

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Non-aroid query: Ruellia amoena
  • From: Lester Kallus <lkallus@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:57:52 -0600 (CST)

Although I have no idea what this stuff is, I can tell you that I see
something that exactly mimics what you've described growing on my Medinilla
(the non-aroid plant that aroiders helped identify with just a verbal
description).

I don't see it on the plant when I grow it outside, but I do see it on the
undersides of the leaves and on the stems.  I've tasted it and found no taste.

I wonder if it's the same thing as on your plant.  It sure sounds like it.
       Les