Re: Colocasia

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Colocasia
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:17:48 -0600 (CST)

-----Original Message-----
From: Eduardo Goncalves <edggon@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Thursday, February 15, 2001 1:21 PM

Dear Eduardo,

I do not have 'hard' information at hand, so I did not respond, but think
that when you 'get into' the literature you will find that a lot if not most
of the names used for the different forms/cultivars of this species are
mostly 'informal'/unpublished names, and may number in the hundreds,
especially the cultivars from the Pacific region, like Fiji and Hawaii.
Good luck!

>>Dear D.J.Leedy,

   Thanks for your information. I was waiting for more replies, but it seems
that serious classification of Colocasia is an arid topic. I think I will
have to face Engler's classification.

                          Best wishes,