The sixth sense

  • Subject: The sixth sense
  • From: "brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 10:24:49 -0600 (CST)

I believe in survival of the fittest. But I do not believe that it brings on
genetic changes. I agree plants adapt to the conditions take a certain plant
and put it in the sun they will usually have smaller leafs than ones in the
shade. But switch conditions and they turn back. Not genetic change just
adjusting to conditions. Now these things I can take in and believe.
Believing that they can turn into new species is hard to take. Besides were
are all the subspecies? If you have a saber tooth tiger you must have
thousands of bones of the tigers with medium size teeth. That turned into
the present day tiger? The fact is they have one or the other no in-between
mutations.

Another thing is the fish Coelacanth. This was the fish thought to have
grown legs and turned to lizards and dinosaurs. the species is 400 million
year old and has not changed at all?

As for the crabs:>) Well I do agree if you pick out a certain look. Like the
shells and take all the ugly ones out you will have tons of crabs with
helmet shaped shells breading giving you more of this design. BUT they are
still craps! This is were it gets confusing when does one jump to a new
species? Has any of them actually done it?

If only certain looks gets one to reproduce and survive. We will all one day
look like Mel Gibson and Pamela Anderson. Now that's food for thought